Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bout of Book 11.0 Sign Up

It's here! Bout of Books 11.0 kicks off in just under 4 days and I am back again this year with a huge stack of books I want to tackle.  This year, I will be on vacation with no plans for the first time that I've participated in a readathon and I'm really excited to get started. Here is an older post from Bout of Books 8.0, the last time I participated in this readathon!

Are you new to Bout of Books? Here's the official blurb:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


I pledged to read 50 books this year on my Goodreads Challenge and I have completed 28/50.  This means I need to read 4.4 books a month (including August) to hit my goal.  I picked 11 books from my TBR to pull from this week and my goal is to read 6 of these books.  I've broken them down into categories:

Nonfiction
  • Devil in the White City by Erik Larsson
  • I Can Barely Take Care of Myself by Jen Kirkman
 Graphic Novels
  • Locke and Key Volume 1 by Joe Hill
  • The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (this is four graphic novel volumes)
 E-Books
  • Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead (currently reading)
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (released on 8/14!)
  • The Magician King by Lev Grossman (and if I like it, and I feel inclined, I will also purchase the third book in this trilogy that was just released a few weeks ago and read that too.  It's called The Magician Land).
  • Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
 Physical Books
  • Landline by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (currently reading)
  • Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
I believe that Isla and Landline will be one hit wonders, meaning I will read them in one sitting.  I am hoping to make a significant impact in either The Night Circus or Seating Arrangements prior to leaving for vacation on Tuesday, and then finishing off with 2 additional books while I am at the beach.  If my mention of The Night Circus sounds like a broken record, you may be recalling the last time I tried to listen to the audiobook and failed in September 2013.  I am really enjoying reading the physical copy this time around, though!

So, are you participating in Bout of Books 11.0? Leave a comment! I would love to read your TBR & Goal lists.

1 comment:

  1. I'm participating again this time!! Here's my link in case you are interested: http://www.tiftalksbooks.com/2014/08/bout-of-books-11.html

    I adore The Devil in the White City and Locke & Key. They are a couple of my faves!! I am also a fan of The Night Circus too. I hope you have a great week of reading, especially reading on the beach!!

    ReplyDelete